Saturday, December 24, 2011

Songs of the Season vvb's takes


Songs of the Season
Event production by
Random Magic Tour
Sasha Soren (Random Magic)
Dec. 10-25, 2011
Music Hop Menu
with my takes on the songs


Dec 10: Beyond Strange New Words
All I Want for Christmas is You
performed by Glee Cast
listen here
my take: cool and catchy beat
weeeeeee for gleeeeeee ;-D - can't go wrong with their tunes

Dec 11: Book Bunny
Angels We Have Heard On High Lyrics
performed by Brian McKnight Feat. Josh Groban
listen here
my take: sweet one with wonderful intermixing of voices

Dec 12: vvb32 reads
Christmas Time Is Here (instrumental)
performed by Vince Guaraldi Trio
listen here
my take: classic jazzy tune that is simply groovy

Dec 13: The True Book Addict
Amid the Falling Snow
performed by Enya
listen here
my take: mmmm, always love Enya tunes so it was not hard to like this one

Dec 14: A Backwards Story
Holiday Lament (The Fruitcake Song)
From the original holiday musical revue THAT TIME OF THE YEAR
listen here
my take: LOL - cute! love the hats and must confess, i like fruitcake ;-D

Dec 15: Snowdrop Dreams of Books
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
performed by Burl Ives
listen here
my take: rudolph is such a cutie! this is my favorite burl ives xmas song so it's a must to listen to!

AND

Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
Sleigh Ride
performed by Amy Grant
listen here
my take: lovely, warm and fuzzy

Dec 16: Geeky Fairy Tales
At Christmas, Merry Christmas Baby, Christmas Means to Me My Love
performed by Hanson
listen here
my take: young long blonde haired cutie patooties with a rockin' xmas tune

Dec 17: Rachel Superbook (vlogger)
Why Couldn't It Be Christmas Everyday?
performed by Bianca Ryan
listen here
my take: teeny bopper xmas, cute

Liana's Paper Doll Blog
Long Way Around The Sea
performed by Low
listen here
my take: somber and mellow, lovely

Dec 18: Splash of our Worlds
All I Want For Christmas Is You
performed by Glee Cast
listen here
my take: more Glee, wheeeeeee

AND

Let Them Read Books
PAST THREE O'CLOCK
Old English Carole
performed by George Ratcliff Woodward
listen here
my take: love the sounds of classics, cheery and upbeat

Dec 19: Maat's Feather of Truth
Yule
performed by Lisa Thiel
listen here
my take: magical

AND

Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf
Christmas Lights
created by Holdman Christmas
listen here
my take: spectacular! rock out with this light show!

Dec 20: The Book Addict
Silent Night
listen here
my take: nice classic

AND

Susan K. Mann
Carol of the Bells
performed by John Williams from the Home Alone Soundtrack
listen here
my take: fun round to hear and sing

Dec 21: Reviews from my First Reads Shelf
Christmas Wrapping
performed by The Waitresses
listen here
my take: cool, very waitresses sound


Then suddenly we laughed and laughed

Caught on to what was happening

That Christmas magic's brought this tale
To a very happy ending!

AND

Amanda Makepeace
White Christmas
performed by Bing Crosby
listen here
my take: bing! love this one from the dreamy crooner!

Dec 22: Assortments
Carol of the Bells
performed by August Burns Red
listen here
my take: emo and goth flavor

AND

Funny Wool
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
performed by Frank Sinatra
listen here
my take: finger-snapping action with this crooner's rendition

Dec 23: Bookish
Let it Snow
performed by Vonda Shepard
listen here
my take: soulful

Dec 24: Songs and Stories
Mary, Did You Know?
performed by Hayley Westenra
listen here
my take: beautiful

Dec 25: Random Magic Tour
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
performed by Casting Crowns
listen here
my take: touching
based on a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, whoa, reading the backstory and history of this song, whoa

~*~

Random Magic
by Sasha Soren

Event production by Random Magic Tour
Find Random Magic: Print | Kindle
Explore Random Magic: YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter
Interested in reading this?
Let me know in comments along with your email (if I don't already have it).

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu