Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pirate Baddies: Phantom Universe

Phantom Universe
by Laura Kreitzer


Here's one on my want list...

Description from the amazon:
Sold into slavery to pirates at the young age of four, Summer learns to survive the rough seas of subterfuge and thieves through silence. When the boat she's lived on most of her life is destroyed, Summer finds herself washed up on the shore of a new world, a phantom universe full of the bizarre and extraordinary. She meets Gage, the one boy who understands the girl with no speech. But when their lives are put on the line, will Summer finally call out? Or will all be lost in the fathomless depth of silence?

Review excerpt: from Electrifying Reviews
Phantom Universe appeared to be a great book from the moment I saw it. Everything about it screams originality, and it definitely was. I am happy to say that I adored this book and urge you to read it as well. It’s certainly nothing like what I’ve read before.

The story was so original and breathtaking from the first page on. The story blends genres in a way I haven’t seen before, and it was great to see an author be able to create a world that took me in from page one and didn’t let me go until I was finished with the book. The story does have several flashbacks, and those were just as interesting as the plot which was taking place. This book has pirates, dystopia, time travel, romance, and science fiction… and even more!


Read the rest of his review.

~-~~-~ ...and a bottle o'rum schedule ~-~~-~


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu