Friday, December 10, 2010

Winterlong Musical Blog Hop

Winterlong: Musical Blog Hop
Come sit by the fire and enjoy
some lovely winter tunes…

vvb's takes on the tunes

~*~

#1 of 10: Buoyancy - Good Cheer at Spellbound by Books
Winter Winds - Mumford & Sons
my take: great coffee shop indie feel, love the mandolin (ooo, white rabbit appearance)

#2 of 10: Reflection - Spirituality at Geeky Blogger
The Atheist Christmas Carol - Vienna Teng
my take: oh so pretty, the love declarations tugs at the heart

#3 of 10: Fortitude - Quirkiness at The Book Swarm
Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lewie
my take: oompa doompa, jolly good

#4 of 10: Tenderness - Devotion at Elbit Blog
Winter, Fire and Snow - Anúna
my take: such a sweet voice, beautiful and soothing

#5 of 10: Magic - Mystery at The Reading Lassie
All Souls Night - Loreena McKennitt
my take: mmmmmmmmmmmm, middle eastern sounds spice up this one - can't ever go wrong with loreena

#6 of 10: Celebration - Humor at A Reader’s Adventure
Hot Buttered Rum - Krista Detor
my take: feelin like swayin, ooo yea, rum pa pum pum

#7 of 10: Love - Geniality at vvb32 Reads - it's me, squeeeee
I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Kay Starr (Stuhr remix)
my take: it's got a funky beat and can leave dancers sputtering ;-D

#8 of 10: Comedy - Creativity at About Happy Books
Hallelujah chorus from: Messiah oratorio - Handel (Silent Monks version)
my take: LOL - what synchronicity, although the hooded guys look kinda scary

#9 of 10: Hope - Light at The True Book Addict
I Heard the Bells - Casting Crowns
my take: inspiring! peace, baby, peace!

#10 of 10: Art - Beauty - Inspiration at The Fluidity of Time
Miserere - Duet: Luciano Pavarotti, Zucchero
my take: viva! vibrant voices

~*~

Which song did you like best-est?

I liked Hot Buttered Rum - Krista Detor

Find more artists like Krista Detor at Myspace Music


~*~

Notes: Songs on the blog hop are nice songs for winter, and they also reflect themes found in Random Magic.

Bonus (freebies for you): Free winter song for every stop on the hop, feel free to visit all blogs to find them all.

--/=/=-- Book Giveaway courtesy of author --=\=\=-

signup to win Random Magic and
other faboo thingz


*** winterlong schedule ***


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu