Friday, June 18, 2010

Room 7609: Introduction


There's an all night party in room 7609...

I'm starting up a new meme on my site. Room 7609 will happen on most Fridays. I shall post some fun finds (book-related) I've found during the week to share with you. If you're up late, maybe you can post a fun find too and send me the link in comments or just comment with the fun find.

At the end of the month I'll tally up the commentors and use random.org to pick a winner for a book giveaway. The winner will receive a book from the Room 7609 bookshelves (selection to be announced).

Alright, let's party...


Remember my contest entry post on Team Vampire Lumberjacks vs. Team Werewolf Bootleggers?

Well the results are in --> Team Werewolf Bootleggers are in for the win!

The contest was to promote The Red Rock Pass series and the release of two of its books by Moira Rogers.

Becoming- Red Rock Pass #0
Cry Sanctuary- Red Rock Pass #1
The Little Things- Red Rock Pass #1.5
Sanctuary Lost- Red Rock Pass #2
Sanctuary's Price- Red Rock Pass #3
Sanctuary Unbound- Red Rock Pass #4 - released June 1, 2010

Spin-off series from The Red Rock Pass:
A Safe Harbor- Building Sanctuary #1 - released July 13, 2010
Undertow- Building Sanctuary #2 - release date tba

The authors are giving those of us new to the series a chance to read the history of their Werewolves, Witches and Vampires by offering the first ebook for free -ends June 25, 2010.

details to download
the first book, Cry Sanctuary
are here

I didn't win this contest but had a BLAST with it. And now, I am excited to give this series a read. Who could resist the fun tagline on the Moira Rogers site - where things go BUMP and GRIND in the night ;-D

Anyhoo, this series is a paranormal romance - beware - the hot kind. I'll let you know what I think after I read the first book.

~*~

Remember my contest entry post on Hansel and Gretel and Brains last month?


Well the results are in --> I was one of the winners!


Prize pack from CBC Books includes:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Journal - Chronicle Books (pictured above)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben Winters

Which one of these do you need for your personal library?

~*~

Did you come across any fun finds this week?


~*~

* Room 7609 from Late Bar by Duran Duran - hear it here

* image source victorian frame

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu