Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pre-Dewey's Read-a-thon: October 2015

Dewey's 24 hour Readathon
October 2015 (details & signup)

October 2015 - 21 hours (my results)
October 2009 - 22 hours
April 2009 - 8 hours

Below is my prospective reading list which is subject to change depending on my mood.

I will focus on ONE and try to complete it by the end of the event. And I will get into the second book if I finish the first.

I am not sure how much reading will get done as I will be visiting other blogs, doing mini-challenges and blogging - the added fun part of the read-a-thon.

I also donated 3 book prize pack giveaways for participants of the event.

Any of your comments would be most welcome during the read-a-thon. If you're a night owl, please stop by that is when I will need the boost (to keep the eyes open) the most. Jokes (book-related) and limericks in the comments would be much appreciated ;-)

TO DO before read-a-thon:
- clear the calendar on event day
- do chores, housework, etc. before event
- plan easy main meals - minimal preparation (maybe pizza delivery?)
- stock up on favorite munchies
- set alarm for event start time
- get some good sleeping time in before the event

TO DO during read-a-thon:
- read, blog, mini-challenge
- go to cafe for lunch and reading
- read outside (in hammock) - if the weather is cooperative

Have you done a read-a-thon before? How did it go?

Will you being joining in?

My reading list:

Illuminae
by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
-SciFi, YA
Amazon | Goodreads

AND

A Little Life
by Hanya Yanagihara
-Contemporary Fiction
Amazon | Goodreads

=====> I started this one in March and have been slowly reading bits and pieces each week. It has such rave reviews which seem valid from what I have read so far. But the book is a chunkster and pulls at the heart with such sad moments which is why I have been reading it in small doses. I hope to work on this more during the read-a-thon.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu