Saturday, May 1, 2010

Masked Ball: Trump


The second dance, Mr Beveridge's Maggott, was done and van Hartz has left Tina to retrieve refreshments for them.

Mr o'Mallet with friend are at Tina's side at an instant.

Miss Vee, may I present my good friend, Mr Juan de Spades. He has recently returned from travels in China.

Indeed? Tina responds in a teasing tone.

Si. Juan presents a bow with a flourish. It is my pleasure to make the acquaintance of the belle of the Ball.

Tina blushed behind her mask at de Spades' attentions.

You are from the New World, no?

Yes, my family is visiting for business. We acquire books from our travels for our bookselling business.

Por favor, you must tell us more of this America. Mr o'Mallet and I shall be sailing there soon.

Well, I can tell about where we live. New York is...

At that moment, Tina's elbow was gently nudged.

Another masked man is seeking an audience with Tina.

Mademoiselle Vee?

A French voice. Where had she heard that voice before?

Mademoiselle, excusez moi , it is I, Jacques. We met at the Libreria. Jacques D'amond. May I introduce ma soeur, Camille.

Behind Jacques, stood a young woman in a costume of emerald and tourmaline colors. Her mask was black with feathers protruding from the top.

Just then van Hartz returns with two cups of ginger punch.

~*~
French historical:

The Sixth Surrender
by Hana Samek Norton
Release date: July 27, 2011

~*~

Masked Ball
hosted by the Charmed Circle
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Invitation ~ Programme

~*~

* image source trump card

* part of Masked Ball - read my side stories

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu