Saturday, November 7, 2009

YA Dystopian Reading challenge

YA-Dystopian Reading Challenge @ Bart’s Bookshelf
October 15 - December 31, 2009

Simply pick a target of between 1 & 4 books to read during the two and a half months of the challenge.

A dystopia is the vision of a society in which conditions of life are miserable and characterized by poverty, oppression, war, violence, disease, pollution, nuclear fallout and/or the abridgement of human rights, resulting in widespread unhappiness, suffering, and other kinds of pain. -wikipedia

I decided to join in the latest dystopia wave as I've got books that have been waiting in the wings and now seems a good time as any to finally give them a read.

My book list:

The Giver
by Lois Lowry - my review

Genesis
by Bernard Beckett - my review

Catching Fire
by Suzanne Collins - my review

Dies the Fire
by S. M. Stirling
-not strictly YA, but I hear there is a YA female character that forms a band of warriors and creates an Elf language like in Tolkien's Lord of the Rings

**************************************
Not on my original challenge list:

The Road
by Cormac McCarthy - my review


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu