Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart


The Boyfriend List
by E. Lockhart
Genre: Dating, Friendship
Published: 2005
Hardback: 229 pages
Rating: 4

Inspiration: the froggy on the cover

Description from the book:
A Seattle fifteen-year-old explains some of the reasons for her recent panic attacks, including breaking up with her boyfriend, losing all her girlfriends, tensions between her performance-artist mother and her father, and more.

My thoughts:
In-a-word: debacle
Interesting way to sort out your life in regards to relationships - a boyfriend list. Each chapter, boyfriend themed, presented different aspects of the character which finally helped solve some of the main character's problems. After reading this book, I created my own boyfriend list. I ended up with about 13. The 13th dude ended up as my hubby. Although breaking up is hard to do, from each relationship I learned what likes and dislikes I had for a partner. All the boyfriend crushes, dates and acquaintances sure make sense in the end.

Series:
The Boyfriend List
The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them


I like this cover version too!
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu